Friday, August 26, 2011

FRIDAY'S FROM ROOM TO WEDDING

I'm back with another installment of "Friday's From Room to Wedding", and I want to thank all of you for your kind words on last weeks' piece - I'm so glad that it's bringing inspiration to you and I hope you like this one just as much.

I love Adore Home Magazine, and the second I spotted this room, I started picturing a beautiful, bright and romantic wedding.

 Image found via Adore Home Magazine

Check it out - I chose a very romantic lace dress with champagne sash by Monique Lhuillier that I thought fit perfectly with the overall mood of the room. The magenta and white centerpieces took their cue from the flowers on the coffee table, and the red toile favor pouches were inspired by the traditional throw pillows. 


The bridesmaids will, of course, wear red - straight from one of my favorite designers, Jenny Yoo, and the blue shoes act as that pop of color (like the blue statues on the fireplace mantle) and do double duty as the bride's something blue. The framed heart picture will be used for guests to sign, and can later be hung with the rest of the couple's art collection on the wall and above the mantle. The white birdcage (similar to the one peaking out of the bottom right corner of the room picture) will house cards and well wishes from guests, while the basketweave cake mirrors the texture in the round coffee table. 

Happy Friday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment