Friday, November 18, 2011

FRIDAY'S FROM ROOM TO WEDDING (TABLE)

This Friday's post is actually from a real life design inspiration excercise, using a room as inspiration to design a wedding...or in this case, just the wedding table.

When I was invited to participate in The Wedding Salon's Luxury Bridal Showcase in New York City, I was thrilled. And when they asked if I'd like to design a table, I instantly knew that it would be the perfect opportunity to take my own advice and come up with a design solely based off the inspiration of a room that spoke to me. 

So, I scoured design magazines and the Internet and eventually came across this gorgeous vintage-style bedroom on House To Home. It is full of sweet, delicate colors and patterns, rich textured fabrics, and just the right amount of bling. And it inspired me to design a modern vintage wedding dinner table with lots of textured neutrals and metallics - no color at all, just white, ivory, and silver.

 Photo by Tim Young, found via House To Home

I found the most perfect brocade pearl linen from Wildflower Linens, which was also used for the napkins. The place settings were from Party Rental Ltd. - I used pearl white chargers, white dinner and salad plates, and silver flatware. I chose 3 glasses per setting - clear glass white and red wine glasses, and the most beautiful white water goblets - love those!

Photo by Adrienne O'Connor

The menus were designed by the talented graphic design team - Peter and Christine of I Love Saturday, and I wrapped them in lace trim and silver ribbon (both purchased at M&J Trimming) to make them pop against the napkins. The candles were a mix of clear votives that I wrapped in lace trim, mercury glass votives from Luna Bazaar, and antique votives from Anthropologie.



 Top Left Photo by Tim Young, found via House To Home
All table design photos by Adrienne O'Connor 
Image of mercury glass votive found via Luna Bazaar
Images of glasses, plates, and flatware found via Party Rental Ltd.
Image of linen found via Wildflower Linens

And the flowers were designed by the adorable, budding florist - Deirdre of Mint & Magnolia. She used a stunning combination of garden roses, hydrangea, seeded eucalyptus, and baby's breath and paired them in 3 different sizes of the coolest mercury glass containers I've ever seen.

I had a blast pulling it all together and it was so nice to hear how much the brides loved it at the show. I'd love your feedback too - let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the idea of mercury glass paired with lace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog concept! I've been obsessed with mercury glass lately, and I would definitely do my bedroom in lace, if my husband didn't think it was too "girly" for him =P

    ReplyDelete