Sunday, June 26, 2011

NEW YORK MAKES HISTORY BY PASSING MARRIAGE EQUALITY ACT

I'm all for love, and the more people who can freely and legally love, the better. On Friday night New York made history and became the 6th and largest state to legalize same-sex marriage! 

Senator Mark J Grisanti, a Republican from Buffalo said, "I apologize for those who feel offended...I cannot deny a person, a human being, a taxpayer, a worker, the people of my district and across the state, the State of New York, and those people who make this the great state that it is, the same rights that I have with my wife." I think that statement, especially coming from a Republican, is honest and honorable, and I couldn't agree more.

The fact that gay and lesbian couples can legalize their love in the state where the national gay-rights movement originated, is nothing less than awesome. It's estimated that 56,000 gay couples will travel to New York over the next 3 years to tie the knot, and with 50,854 gay couples living in New York in 2005, the number of gay and lesbian New Yorkers who will likely plan a New York wedding is going to be monumental.

In honor of this historic event, I'm offering 10% off any Ruffles & Tweed wedding planning package for all New York weddings booked before the end of the year. Feel free to contact me at adrienne@rufflesandtweed.com or 877-630-4062 with any questions you may have. Congratulations to all of the patient, deserving people whose lives have been positively affected by the passing of this bill. I'd love to help plan and design your beautiful day. Neil Patrick Harris, I'm talking to you!

Quote found via The New York Times
Stats found via WNYC

No comments:

Post a Comment