Friday, December 2, 2011

FRIDAY'S FROM ROOM TO WEDDING

So, Preston Bailey and I totally think alike - it just about made my day yesterday when I stumbled across his article in the Huffington Post about wedding design. He said "...before you start meeting with wedding designers, think long and hard about your favorite things. Take a look around your home. What does your favorite lamp look like? Your favorite painting? Your favorite blanket? Do you notice any themes? It's great to show your designer inspirational photos you've clipped from magazines and blogs, but why not bring in a few photos of your home, too?"

YES!!!! That is exactly the idea I try to portray through my "From Room To Wedding" series - and now that I know Preston feels the same way, I feel even better about it. 

Today's feature is of a gorgeously romantic, delicate, pale pink and blue living room. The space was designed by Hal Williamson and is made up of both antique and current pieces, which I love. I believe that more often than not, contrast is what makes design interesting, and the masculine style chairs draped in feminine colors and textures, along with the gold and crystal detailing throughout the room are dream-like.

 Photo by John Kernick, room design by Hal Willamson, found via House Beautiful
 
The wedding contrived from this little piece of heaven includes pale blue bridesmaid dresses in different styles and patterns, and an Old Hollywood style silk charmeuse gown by Catherine Deane for BHLDN. Only the most perfect pair of blush suede pumps would fit the style of the soft armchair from the room. The invitations, by Ceci New York, are letterpress wrapped in blush and gold fabric, and topped off with feathers, jewels, and rosettes - how much more feminine and textured can you get?


I choose ghost chairs for the ceremony to pick up on the Lucite side table and gold chivari chairs for the reception. The blue armoire houses pictures of family and pink peonies are everywhere, from the centerpieces to the bouquets to the boutonnieres. And who could forget about dessert? The flaky, decadent Parisian macaroons in shades of pale pink and champagne leave guests with a sweet memory as the night draws to a close.

4 comments:

  1. I love the ghost chairs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love when modern meets a bit of a classic vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally! People that saw our wedding knew it was very "me" b/c it looked like the inside of my house- vintage California chic :)

    ReplyDelete